MFO ATTORNEYS was established by Marius Oosthuizen in 2004 and have since build a strong energetic team, which is up to any challenge.
Line Veldsman joined the firm in 2005 and accepted partnership in 2016.
Liné Veldsman and Marius Oosthuizen, being individuals who distinguishes ourselves in our respective fields, now boast a dynamic firm that provides an even more comprehensive service to a combined clientele.
Marius was admitted as attorney in 2003 after completing his B.Comm, LL.B and LL.M degrees at PUKKE and his articles under Robbie Reddering of then Balsillies Inc.
His LL.M (Import- and Export Law) comprised of the following specialized subjects:
- International Contracts (with distinction)
- International Banking and Finance
- International Tax, Customs and Excise
- International Transport Law
- International Private Law
- Thesis in E-Commerce Law
One of Marius’s highlights of his career is the successful outcome to a Labour Appeal Court matter in Siyabonga Xhabadi and 17 Others vs Ocean Basket Tygervalley CC, Case number: CA22/2016, which was classified as reportable by the Labour Appeal Court, in which matter Marius acted as the attorney for the Applicants.
Marius has practical experience in the following areas of law:
- Commercial drafting and interpretation of contracts;
- Commercial litigation (the largest case involving capital worth over R80 million);
- Wills and Estate Planning (including the drafting and registration of trust deeds);
- Business Risks;
- Setting up of business enterprises;
- Insurance (mostly long term insurance);
- Debt collection;
- Above average knowledge and understanding of the Consumer Protection Act, National Credit Act, Regulatory legislation: FAIS, FICA, POPI, etc
Coming from a family of attorneys, Line was admitted as attorney in 2007, after completing her LL.B degree while employed at the firm as professional assistant to Marius.
Line is an energetic, passionate, perfectionist, client orientated attorney with an unquenched thirst for knowledge and new challenges.
Line specialises in the following areas of law:
- Transfer of Properties;
- Estate planning
- Administration of Deceased Estates;
- Line also has significant experience in:
- Custody and Parenting Rights